Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone suggest anything to help with the pain?

(4 Posts)
Helpmeltb Mon 24-Oct-16 15:38:57

I've been ill for almost a week. Started off as cold/flu and spent 3 days in bed. Thought it was getting better over the weekend, been absolutely horrendous since 10pm last night.

Main pain is in my sinuses, my left ear and, worst of all, pain when I breathe in (feels like a chest infection )

Have been to doctors and he reckons it's a viral infection and my body is trying to fight it off everywhere and to just give it time.

I'm taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but I feel awful. Anything else I can do? Or just some sympathy would be nice.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 24-Oct-16 15:49:07

I'm sending sympathy, I'm on day seven of the damn thing and it's bloody awful.Its not a cold, but it's not flu, but it lingers and makes you feel like shit. I just took paracetamol, rested and comfort eat.Get well soon.

Helpmeltb Mon 24-Oct-16 16:02:38

Thank you.

I can't seem to get comfortable at all. Doctor said there's a few things doing the rounds atm. I'm particularly stressed about the time off work.

AdmiralData Tue 25-Oct-16 13:46:14

Sympathy for you here Help I've had a virus for a month and the cough, wheezing, lack of appetite, sneezing, lethargy, mucus and lost voice are still very much here! I don't want to waste my GP's time as she doesnt take me seriously anyway so I guess we'll stfu and wait eh? I've lost several days work from it and look to actually losing my job :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now