Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tired all the time

(14 Posts)
user1463158052 Sun 23-Oct-16 22:16:13

As the title suggests, I'm tired all the time, as in exhausted. Sleeping 8hrs at least a night but still so tired! Been to see Drs n blood tests n everything else ok but I'm still so tired all the time- so frustrating. About to change jobs, not stressed about it, looking forward to it. Came off anti- depressants a month ago, no withdrawal, mood ok. So everything ok but doesn't explain it.
Anyone else had/got this? Or know how to get over it? So fed up of being tired!

Wolfiefan Sun 23-Oct-16 22:17:25

You came off anti depressants? Suddenly? It took me months to come off mine. Really slowly.

Have you had blood tests? How are your iron levels?

HerOtherHalf Sun 23-Oct-16 22:17:38

Do you snore?

TaintedAngel Sun 23-Oct-16 22:19:40

Do you get muscle aches and pains? Or days where you feel a little bit foggy in the brain iygwim?

Heratnumber7 Sun 23-Oct-16 22:19:48

Do you get plenty of fresh air ?

Wolfiefan Sun 23-Oct-16 22:20:30

Tainted. I don't know about OP but I do! hmm

CurtainsforRonnie Sun 23-Oct-16 22:20:53

Do you take any vitamins?

TaintedAngel Sun 23-Oct-16 22:29:21

Wolfe, if you feel tired a lot - a nights sleep is not enough and you don't feel rested when you wake up and that's alongside muscle pain and brain foggyness it could be fibromyalgia or ME. Basically along the lines especially of chronic fatigue syndrome. I have fibromyalgia and it sucks.
Ask to be seen by a rheumatologist if bloods are coming back ok as it doesn't show on bloods.

Wolfiefan Sun 23-Oct-16 22:31:00

Oh crap tainted. I thought the brain fog was my depression creeping back. shock

sohackedoff Sun 23-Oct-16 22:34:03

How are you eating? I know that if I eat a lot of carbs I feel tired all the time. If I eat high protein and limit my carbs to those from veg then my energy levels are so much better, as is my general mood.

notagiraffe Sun 23-Oct-16 22:34:44

OP
I had that exhaustion for about three years. It was awful. It was partly stress related, but it also comes back as soon as I have even a mild cold.

The best remedies I found were:
Loads of water - 3 litres a day - ignore what people say about getting what you need from fruit and coffee etc. Drink loads of water.
Supplements - they'll depend on what's making you tired but good ones to try are Vitamin D, Vit B, Iron liquid formula such as Feroglobin or Floradix and Tyrosine amino acid.
Daylight - at least 1 hour of fresh outside air a day, with as much skin as possible exposed to the sun.
Exercise every day - yoga stretches, high impact, walking, swimming etc - whatever you enjoy doing
Cutting out sugar and wheat, alcohol and too much coffee (can't give up coffee but the rest are worth cutting right down on if you can.)

TaintedAngel Sun 23-Oct-16 22:44:10

Wolfie, nothing to say it would be fibromyalgia or ME, I'm only going by my own experience but it certainly wouldn't do any harm to rule it out either way if you have other symptoms. They basically diagnose fibromyalgia by ruling out everything else because there is no way to really test for it. Hope you get on ok!

Wolfiefan Sun 23-Oct-16 22:45:41

Bless you tainted. I think my aches are more joint related. Have an appointment soon with musculoskeletal. (Whatever that is!) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now