Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Exhausting exhaustion.

(16 Posts)
mymilkshakes00 Fri 21-Oct-16 18:59:39

I mean real exhaustion. Has anyone been so exhausted to the point when they've needed to be hospitalised.

loveyoutothemoon Sat 22-Oct-16 17:32:39

Have you had blood tests recently?

mymilkshakes00 Sat 22-Oct-16 17:45:32

Yes. All clear.

loveyoutothemoon Sun 23-Oct-16 15:02:52

Do you have any other symptoms?

mymilkshakes00 Sun 23-Oct-16 18:40:59

Severe back pain. Abdominal pain. (Doc said its just stress and bad eating ). Nausea. Whole body aches and pains. I'm falling apart. I have four dc one with sn and a non stop 18 month old. Just can't take chasing the GP all the time and trying to convince them it's not all in my head. I'm really really tired. Want to sleep all the time.
Finding it hard just to walk.
Sorry for rambling on. I'm usually really active and positive person.

MegGriffin Sun 23-Oct-16 23:26:20

Did they check your vitamin B12? If this is low it can cause these symptoms
I hope you find out what is causing this.

Mishaps Sun 23-Oct-16 23:28:21

Look up Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Imnotacelebgetmeouttahere Wed 26-Oct-16 03:15:06

I could of written this post sad 4dc here, chronic pain, escalating stomach pain causing several hospital trips recently sad

DailyMailPenisPieces Wed 26-Oct-16 03:19:06

How old are you OP? Menopause?

mymilkshakes00 Wed 26-Oct-16 08:32:31

I will be 39 in December.
I did think that too. But GP has dismissed it.
Too young ? confused

PineappleExpress Wed 26-Oct-16 08:40:11

You sound like me and I have CFS. Definitely read up about it and try to find a doctor who knows about it to at least get diagnosed for peace of mind.
Mine has been extremely bad these last couple of months and all my bloods have come back normal too.

mymilkshakes00 Wed 26-Oct-16 09:24:52

Pineapple- the hardest part is actually getting a decent GP to listen and recognise the symptoms.
I looked up CFS and my symptoms do match.
How did the doc diagnose you ?
What treatment have you had ?

Polkadotties Wed 26-Oct-16 09:35:33

What is your ferritin level. The NHS guidelines say it can be as low as about 18 to be within normal but ideally should be around 70

PineappleExpress Wed 26-Oct-16 10:48:58

There is no treatment as far as I'm aware. Mine isn't that severe and am only bed bound when there is something else wrong.
I quite often have to force myself to keep going through work (nanny for 4 kids), but usually nap whenever I need to around that.
I take paracetamol and brufen for the aches. I have joint problems related to hyper mobility syndrome too, so in general I avoid all exercise, as it can put me out of action for a couple of days with my aching muscles and painful joints. I also just take everything as easy as possible, don't rush around, try not to get stressed, have regular breaks when doing housework, playing with kids etc. Hot water bottle helps with the aches, especially on my legs, but that's about it really.
I was diagnosed when I was about 15, I think. I had been exhausted for months and suddenly put on a bunch of weight for no apparent reason, so was back and forth to the doctors for ages having a load of blood tests with no real answers.
Eventually there was one test (no idea what it was) that was at 16, when normal was around 11. All it showed was that there was something wrong with my body, but impossible to diagnose from it. They re-did it to check and it came back at 16 again, which apparently was unusual, for whatever reason, and the doc said as there was no other obvious explanation, but there was definitely something physiologically wrong, she was going to diagnose CFS.
This was around 15 years ago now, so, if anything, it should be easier to get a diagnosis as it is a lot more widely known/accepted as being a real illness.
Just keep seeing different docs and mentioning it. One will eventually take it seriously, if that is what it is. It was months before my diagnosis.
Good luck with it and feel free to send me a private message on here (if you can do that here) if you need to talk about anything smile

PineappleExpress Wed 26-Oct-16 10:49:20

Sorry that's so long blush

mymilkshakes00 Wed 26-Oct-16 14:08:54

Thank you.
Helped a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now