We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mooncup had a largish lump in - should I be worried?!

(8 Posts)
KirstyJC Tue 18-Oct-16 21:24:32

Apologies if TMI but have no-one I can ask in real life.

Yesterday when emptying the mooncup before bed, there was a pretty big lump in there - almost the whole size of the mooncup, so about the size of a walnut or a small plum.

It looked like raw liver (yuk - sorry!) It looked pretty similar to a placenta tbh but I haven't given birth for 5 1/2 years so it definitely wasn't that!

I know there are small lumps of womb lining etc normally but I have never seen anything close to that size before. I do have pretty heavy periods, for the first few days I get very heavy flow, and I didn't and don't feel any different to normal. There hasn't been anything unexpected since then, just normal blood.

So, should I be worried? Part of me thinks it is just one of those things and since no further instances and no feeling odd or weird pains etc then not to worry, But then part of me thinks but it was frigging enormous! What the hell was it? Just womb lining?

I have just had a clear smear test so am not majorly panicking but am feeling uneasy......

Any reassurance would be most gratefully received!

Rachie1986 Tue 18-Oct-16 21:26:21

I would probably check with Dr to be honest.. Probably nothing but does sound big!

TofuCat Tue 18-Oct-16 21:29:10

Sounds like a blood clot, they look exactly like liver.

LauraPalmersBodybag Tue 18-Oct-16 21:30:07

The same thing happened to me 10 years ago. Had no idea what it was but felt well, smear tests came back clear whenever I had them, have since gone on to have a healthy pregnancy and bsby.

Looking back i probably ought to have had it checked out but never did. I'd imagine there's nothing sinister, bodies do do odd things, but can't hurt to run it past your GP.

Hope that helps put your mind at rest.

mineofuselessinformation Tue 18-Oct-16 21:31:23

Could it have been a deciduous cast? They can look quite gruesome.

KirstyJC Tue 18-Oct-16 21:31:36

Thanks for replying. So maybe a blood clot - it did look like it could have been that actually. Should I be worried do you think? Perhaps it just got all clotted together because I was sitting on my arse for 2 hours in front of the telly yesterday....?

amammabear Tue 18-Oct-16 21:32:01

I regularly get clots that large, I wouldn't be concerned myself unless I had other significant symptoms, but if you are worried, then it's not going to hurt to check

KirstyJC Tue 18-Oct-16 21:42:08

Fuck me - that decidual cast is hideous! Good thinking but no, I don't think it was that - it was definitely dark purple all over and looked exactly like liver. It was almost round as well, not thin and shaped. I think it is most likely to have been a clot.

I haven't had large lumps/clots before, just the usual occasional small stringy bits! (Oh the joy of being a woman!)

I think I will wait and see what happens - it is pretty hard to get to see my GP unless it's an emergency which this clearly isn't. I will def be more vigilant than usual though and if I get any other odd symptoms or a repeat performance then I will get it checked out.

Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now