Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any spine experts?

(1 Post)
gandalf456 Sat 15-Oct-16 19:13:14

I have issues with C5-7 - disc degeneration and left sided foraminal stenosis, along with a possible nerve compromise at C7 according to nerve conduction tests. Professionals are debating whether this is in fact coming from the elbow rather than neck. I have had niggling arm pain for around a year on the opposite side to the neuropathy (the right). My strength is better this side even though the pain is far worse. I have hardly any pain on the left.

This week, I turned over in bed and my neck made a massive cracking noise. Prior to that, I had a slight pulling sensation to the right for a few days and an off balance feeling so something is on its way. The cracking resulted in immediate pain on my right hand side - so much so that I had to take a day off work, which I have never done before. The pain went virtually all the way down - from my face to my foot at various points (right shoulder, centre of my ribs on the right hand side, lower back/hip and heel). I have also got a slight limp and my leg feels a bit heavy and weak. The pain is a combination of burning and shooting pain.

I do have a hospital appointment on Saturday so I figure I'll last til then. I am feeling better today but still a bit weird. Could this be a disc herniation? Also, can cervical discs cause problems in the legs (left leg's actually OK). And is it as serious as it sounds? I feel slightly feverish, too, though this could be coincidence as my son has a heavy cold, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now