We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibromyalgia, cocodamol, rebound headaches and migraines

(1 Post)
sweetkitty Fri 14-Oct-16 23:00:37

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year, was on tramadol but found I could get by pain relief wise with cocodamol and pregabalin.

I also suffer from migraines have been doing so for 30 years, used to take migraleve until I discovered rizatriptan.

The thing is for the past month I've had near daily headaches that will turn into pounding migraines if I don't take a triptan. I know it's cocodamol rebound headaches I try not to take the max dose of cocodamol 4-6 30/500mg a day plus 300 mg pregabalin.

Tried to go cold turkey this week using just ibuprofen and aspirin for pain relief and ended up in tears was so so painful.

Feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place cocodamol & daily headaches v fibro pain.

Oh a physiotherapist told me I have an unstable pelvis which causes all my pelvic pain and I would need months and months of physiotherapist then an osteopath told me there was nothing wrong with my pelvis all I had was a strain in my lower back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now