We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gusset bleaching - why has it started?

(1 Post)
trinnycat Fri 14-Oct-16 15:05:15

I know there have been threads on MN before about black panties getting bleached by wearing them but I have never had it before. It seems (according to my limited research) that it is caused by ammonia from the vaginal tract (not wee leaks - which I don't have).
Basically, I have never had bleached gussets before - but it happened about 2 months ago (a well worn pair that had no sign of bleaching went from jet black to beige in the crotch on one wash). It has happened several times since - old and new ones. I have not changed laundry detergent (dont use conditioner) and it does not always happen. It is not related to monthly cycle or sex (we use condoms - so no sperm in me). After 3 weeks of no bleaching, I have just hung out some washing and a new pair of black Next bikini panties has a virtually white gusset (more towards the back than where any wee might be retained).
Is this the sign of a health issue or some sort of gyno change? Why do I let out ammonia on some days?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now