Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Activity leading to tiredness and fever

(7 Posts)
OrlandaFuriosa Fri 14-Oct-16 00:57:09

anyone know why this is and what I can do about it?

Since having radiotherapy for a non cancerous brain tumour over Christmas, ie a long time ago, if I have an active day, two days later I go down with low grade fever which is only dispersed by about 23 hours sleep and 6 litres of liquid. It's boring and disruptive.

Other than just sitting on an ever increasing backside, what can I do?

CFSKate Mon 17-Oct-16 12:55:30

If you hadn't mentioned the radiotherapy/tumour I'd have considered ME. The title "Activity leading to tiredness and fever" made me think of M.E. and click on the link. The two-day delay between activity and feeling ill/exhaustion/flu like symptoms is also like ME.

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 19-Oct-16 01:10:09

Thanks, Kate, I'll do just that. Never considered it before, though have had friends who have had it.

HeyMacWey Thu 20-Oct-16 13:38:17

Yes it sounds like classic post exertional malaise which is one of the key features of me/cfs - a few friends had cancer treatment (both chemo and radiotherapy) have had terrible post treatment fatigue which sounds so similar to me/cfs.

Have you spoken to your gp? Had tests to rule out vit deficiencies?

OrlandaFuriosa Thu 20-Oct-16 14:08:28

I shall do that. It drives me bonkers. In retrospect I've had it a long time but thought it was tumour related and then radio related. It's mild in the ME diagnostic criteria, but disruptive. When I read those criteria a light bulb went on with the descriptions if my life...

But could easily be vit related instead.

You have encouraged me to do something about this!

HeyMacWey Thu 20-Oct-16 14:35:06

Good - glad you're going to get checked out - it could be something easily rectified.
In the meantime - rest when you need to - don't push yourself to do stuff when you're feeling fatigued.

CFSKate Mon 07-Nov-16 10:50:19

I hope your GP was some help. Are you still feeling it is ME/CFS? There is a long list of things to exclude here
www.investinme.org/Documents/Guidelines/Myalgic%20Encephalomyelitis%20International%20Consensus%20Primer%20-2012-11-26.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now