We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods - any advice?

(5 Posts)
MYA2016 Thu 13-Oct-16 16:35:18

Hi I'm hoping someone here has some advice.
My periods have always been hit and miss. I am 28 and since I was about 24 they have been as irregular is 4-6 monthly.
I've had every diagnostic procedure going, from laparoscopys to internal scans and also dye around my fallopian tubes to check blockages etc amongst other investigations.

The results were that I'm perfectly healthy and have a good supply of eggs but they just don't release.
Anyway I now have a 9 month old ds. I caught naturally with him even though I was just embarking on a fertility treatment journey.
I really hoped things would finally settled with my periods.
I got my first one last month when he was 8 months old (I breastfed for 6 months so this was not a shock). It was a normal period but I suffered with terrible bloating before hand for a week which I've never had before.
That was almost 7 weeks ago and I've not come on since, however I've been bloated and had terrible period type pains now for 2 weeks. It's worse at night,I can't stop weeing and I feel like I've put about 5st on! It's like my body is desperate to bleed but it won't happen.
I have constant clear discharge coming out too.
It seems pointless going to the docs as I'm sure they'll just say it's all normal but is there anyone with any experience of this who can offer any advice?
Starting to feel really shit now.
Thanks

MYA2016 Fri 14-Oct-16 23:01:56

Anyone ?? Still no period and I'm feeling like I should be having the biggest one ever sad

Crapbags Fri 14-Oct-16 23:03:51

Any chance you could be pregnant again?

MYA2016 Fri 14-Oct-16 23:07:33

Very unlikely. As in me and dh have had sex twice in 4 months with a condom both times (I know, living the dream eh) grin

nennyrainbow Fri 14-Oct-16 23:24:17

I would mention it to your GP. If it's for a week or two before your period each time, it could be how your body responds to progesterone because that is the hormone produced in the last 2 weeks of your cycle.

Can't help with the bloating problem I'm afraid but I did want to offer that I also had very irregular cycles ( months rather than weeks) when I was younger but they have become shorter and more regular with age. By my early 30s they had settled down to 7-9 weeks, at mid 30s they were 6-7 weeks and by 40 they were around 5 weeks. Now at 43, I have a pretty regular 29 day cycle for the first time in my life! I have no idea why they took such a long time to settle and it made TTC very difficult but we got there in the end. Just wanted to offer you some hope that they may just settle on their own in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now