Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Absent period

(4 Posts)
artlessflirt Sun 09-Oct-16 13:19:16

I'm currently on day 37 of my cycle. My periods are normally pretty regular but last month it didn't show until day 35; it was really heavy and unpleasant and even resulted in me having to have a day off work as was really painful.

Now it's even later. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests, both were negative. And have had no premenstrual symptoms I normally get.

My DD was born 11 months ago, so not still feeling the after effects of that!

I also took a pregnancy test last month before AF arrived and it was negative, so don't think it was a MC or anything sinister.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know if I should go to doctors or wait until I shows! I'm worried that when it does finally arrive it's going to be even heavier and more unpleasant than last time!

Weetabixandtoast Sun 09-Oct-16 16:02:03

Are you ttc? Is pregmsncy a real possibility?

If do have you used a first response pregnancy test? Only ones that are truly accurate imo

If no to q1 what length are your periods usually? You may not be ovulating... this is because lack of ovulation often triggers irregular periods.

If not pregnant then def worth getting your hormones looked at.

You also don't say your age - could you be perimenopausal?

artlessflirt Sun 09-Oct-16 17:29:01

Pregnancy could be a possibility, but we aren't TTC.

I took a Clear Blue plus and a Clear Blue Digital.

Only 26 so very much hope I'm not about to go through the change!

I have started a VLCD, but only on day 7 so wouldn't have thought that would have any significant impact?

NavyandWhite Mon 10-Oct-16 09:25:22

Whenever I've missed a period ( before I was peri menopausal ) it was always during a huge amount of stress. Could it be that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now