Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I see the GP? Possibly tmi

(6 Posts)
2ndSopranos Sat 08-Oct-16 07:07:50

Every time dh and I get "intimate", the following morning I get period-like pain. I had a tiny bit of blood the other day too. Definitely not my actual period.

For context, my periods are hellish. I saw a gynae earlier this year who suspected endometriosis - I have loads of symptoms - but didn't think there was any merit in diagnosing it as nothing could be done. Also have grade 2 rectocele and am awaiting physio.

I've never had pain after intercourse. Is it likely to be connected to the suspected endo? Or something else? Should I go to the GP?

Mum2twoUnder4 Sat 08-Oct-16 07:29:25

Any pain/ bleeding during or after sex should be seen by a GP.

Fairybella Sat 08-Oct-16 07:32:47

Agree with mum always best to get checkedsmile

NoahVale Sat 08-Oct-16 07:47:06

but you have got stuff going on anyway, by the sound of things but a routine appointment might not be a bad idea op.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 08-Oct-16 09:25:34

You should see the GP and also be referred to see another gynae. There is merit in diagnosing endometriosis if it is there (and in view of your hellish periods it is likely to be the cause of this new symptom as well).

EllenRipley Sat 08-Oct-16 11:38:26

Pain after or during intercourse is a definite sign of endo. I would think it best if you had a proper gynae check up to rule out anything else. They can only really confirm endo with laparoscopic surgery but ultrasound scan would also identify any cysts or fibroids. And whatever your gynae says, there are things you can do about endo to at least try stop it getting any worse whether that be surgery to remove adhesions/cysts or a more naturopathic approach. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now