Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prescription of antidepressants in a hurry

(4 Posts)
puzzledbyadream Tue 04-Oct-16 13:11:46

I have recently moved and joined a new doctors. I presumed I'd be able to get an appointment to get more of my anti-depressants in around a week or so. How wrong I was! The nearest appointment they had was next Thursday but since I am an agency worker I can't afford time off and so the only appointment I could get was on the 19th. I do not have enough medication to last until then. Do I have any options at all? Even if I took time off work I would still run out before I got an appointment. I know it's silly to get this short but with moving and starting new jobs etc it has slipped my mind.

Kasparprinceofthieved Tue 04-Oct-16 13:15:13

Have you tried explaining the situation to the receptionist? I would hope they would be able to get you an emergency appointment somehow. Otherwise go back to your old surgery and ask, if not too far away. If that doesn't help, maybe ask the chemist what you could do. Or try a walk in centre if there is one near you? Failing that, I guess your local hospital may be able to help, I'm not sure.

niceupthedance Tue 04-Oct-16 13:16:55

Ring your old surgery they may be able to send a prescription to a pharmacist in your new area

PikachuBoo Tue 04-Oct-16 13:27:51

Yes, explain to receptionist. They should be able to help you - maybe a phone convo with GP for a stop gap prescription until they see you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now