Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical Polyp

(3 Posts)
potentialqualms Mon 03-Oct-16 19:51:11

After going into a mild panic when the nurse doing my smear test told me it was there, I now understand it;s highly unlikely yo be anything to worry about and really just needs removing so they can do the smear.

I've had a letter asking me to make a gynae appointment on line, which I've done but I don;t know what the appointment's actually for. It doesn't say on the letter and there's no actual person to talk to, just the online booking details.

Is it likely to be just a look see and to book the procedure in at another date, or will they whip it off there and then? If so, what happens, will I be sore and/or need any time off work? The appointment I have is a Monday on the busiest week of my year, but it was either that or leave it til after Christmas.

DramaAlpaca Mon 03-Oct-16 23:52:17

The practice nurse found one when I had a smear a few years ago, so I was referred to a gynaecologist. He had a quick look, then just whipped it off there & then. It was completely painless and all I had afterwards was a little bit of spotting. No time off work required.

Hope it all goes well.

Alyosha Tue 04-Oct-16 12:00:50

They will whip it out there and then. I had this too and it was almost painless - just a little twinge.

They will send it off for biopsy as standard. I was incredibly worried but it turned out to be nothing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now