Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu Jab

(12 Posts)
FarAwayHills Sat 01-Oct-16 17:58:27

Just wondered if anyone has had the flu jab and if it worked what the side effects are if any?

I am not in an at risk group so I know it won't be offered automatically. I am fit and healthy although for some reason I seem to catch colds easily and usually get flu over Christmas. Is it worth a go?

CrazyDuchess Sat 01-Oct-16 18:01:02

i had the flu jab a week ago Friday - absolutely no symptoms at all.

i would recommend - id rather the jab than the flu any day!

slkk Sat 01-Oct-16 18:01:57

I usually have it with no side effects.

SingaSong12 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:03:21

Had it this afternoon. No side effects so far.

aginghippy Sat 01-Oct-16 18:08:50

I just had one today. Worth a go imo. I'm not in a risk group, but usually get them most years. Only side effect for me was a slightly sore arm for a few hours.

I had flu once and it was horrendous. I couldn't get out of bed for a week. I haven't had it since I started having the jabs. Coincidence or not? I don't know. For me it's worth it.

mintyneb Sat 01-Oct-16 21:00:01

Had it this morning, no side effects. 9 yo DD had it too and she's complaining of a sore arm but I'm sure she'll be fine in the morning!

rocket74 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:05:58

I had one this morning too. Very quick. No effects so far. I've never had one before but I'm now in a high risk group so had to have it. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Metalhead Sun 02-Oct-16 10:40:55

I had one last year when pregnant and had the most horrendous headache for 3 days afterwards.

TitsCrossed Sun 02-Oct-16 10:44:42

The flu jab won't make you ill (unless you have an allergic reaction) and it also won't stop you getting coughs and colds. Just flu.

NannyR Sun 02-Oct-16 10:44:47

I have one every year (at risk group) and have never had any side effects, sometimes my arm feels a bit bruised for a day or two.

FarAwayHills Sun 02-Oct-16 19:25:37

Thanks all, very reassuring. I think I'm going to get it this week and hopefully will avoid the dreaded flu this year.

Blueberry234 Sun 02-Oct-16 19:33:03

Had mine over a week ago as I take an imnosuppressant zero side effects

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now