Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I stupidly twisted my ankle

(6 Posts)
Blueisthemagicnumber Sat 01-Oct-16 12:46:52

Falling off a step last night when having my nails done round someone else's house blush

I am off to London tomorrow for a booked exhibition and to meet my brother's fiancé for the first time. Tell me it's going to be alright.

I can weight bear, it hurts the most if I try to rotate it. I am wearing a compression tube bandage on it.

I am not even thinking about the small impact it could have on exercise, trying to walk the dog, work etc.

Artistic Sat 01-Oct-16 12:50:15

If you rest it, it will definitely improve faster & better. Did this to my wrist by catching a water bottle with one hand when someone threw it down a flight of stairs. It was ok at the beginning but got so much worse & looked a bit swollen. Dr advised a wrist support & no working with that hand, infact it remained tied to my chest for 2 days, and then it pretty much went back to normal. Tendonitis - that's what I had. Good luck with tomorrow, am sure you'll be ok. Dose up on ibuprofen to calm any inflammation.

Blueisthemagicnumber Sat 01-Oct-16 12:58:33

Thank you. It's such a stupid thing to happen. I will just sit, a lot.

Artistic Sun 02-Oct-16 21:11:24

Hope it went ok? Pain better?

Blueisthemagicnumber Sun 02-Oct-16 22:03:41

It's fine to walk on, but can feel it on stairs. I can't do random awkward movements either, e.g. When I got out of my car yesterday I couldn't put my foot at an angle. I also can't balance on it, if I am getting dressed or putting my socks on.

Debating internally whether to make a GP appt or not, as it is not that bad, but my job is reasonably physical (TA in a school). I might see how it feels when I get up, as I don't work until Wednesday.

I was supposed to start lots of good intention things though, like Pilates, and having a gym induction on Tuesday.

Artistic Tue 04-Oct-16 21:43:17

Get well soon. A visit to the pharmacy/walk in might sort out some support for you rather than GP. It will pass, just stay careful..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now