Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding Between Periods...

(5 Posts)
stumblymonkey Thu 29-Sep-16 17:35:07

So the past two month's I have had relatively heavy bleeding between periods....as in it's basically like a period itself not just a bit of bleeding.

Last month I just thought it was a weird fluke. Today I have bled through my jeans at work (lovely!) so obviously not just a one off!

I have no symptoms of PCOS apart from being overweight (no acne, I have very little body hair and no facial hair).

My last smear was clear and I had a consultant poking around in my cervix last month (for a different reason) and she said my cervix was totally healthy.

So any ideas WTF is going on?

Clearly I will get myself to a GP, just looking for probably causes in the meantime while I wait five years for an appointment...

Owllady Thu 29-Sep-16 20:10:19

Could be alot of things
Go to the GP. They feel your abdomen for any lumps, send you for bloods etc and you'll most probably be refered for a us scan
I was told most cases are stress or a hormone imbalance
Mine turned out to be fibroids and a polyp but my tests are on going! Gynae thinks it's part of my menstrual career (!!)
Don't worry about the tests though, just get them over with xxx

stumblymonkey Fri 30-Sep-16 12:25:54

Thanks Owl, I've made an appointment (first available in 3 weeks!).

I found some old similar posts on here which lead me to think PCOS or underactive thyroid are most likely. Will wait for tests!

Very annoying as it does not make me feel like DTD and we're TTC DC1 <grumps>

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 30-Sep-16 12:33:25

How regular are your cycles? I have PCOS and they are v irregular. Just wondering if it actually your period?

I started using the Clue app and it shows how irregular my cycle is eg 29 days, 54 days, 81 days, 40 days. Not sure if it has got worse or I just wasn't aware. You might be very clear on cycle length due to TTC but just wanted to mentioned.

Hope the Dr can help. flowers

HelenaJustina Fri 30-Sep-16 12:36:38

I've been having this for 9 months, and it started again yesterday 10 days after last bleed finished. I was sent for an ultrasound which was completely clear and had swabs done to check for infection. Nothing was found and it's not bad enough to make me go back on the pill to try and regulate it. V annoying though! wine cake for both of us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now