Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CT colonography - results

(3 Posts)
LarkDescending Thu 29-Sep-16 17:31:32

I am due to have a CT colonography tomorrow. It has been a fast-track referral as I have some "red-flag" symptoms for colorectal and/or ovarian issues.

Can anyone tell me whether I am likely to be told at tomorrow's appointment of any findings? My (otherwise very detailed) instructions simply say that results will be communicated to the clinician who ordered the investigation, which seems obvious. It is a large London teaching hospital, in case that is relevant.

Firsttimer82 Thu 29-Sep-16 17:33:26

If its bad they will call you back asap. Or if it is something that needs dealing with immediately they might send you to clinic then or even A&E. No news is good news with results. Good Luck

LarkDescending Thu 29-Sep-16 17:42:13

Many thanks - that is helpful to know. No follow-up appointment has been fixed with the consultant, but it makes sense that they will see what the test shows and react accordingly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now