Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A faint or something more serious?

(6 Posts)
backtowork2015 Sun 25-Sep-16 10:31:24

Last night in bed I heard fireworks and stood up on top of the bed to look out of a high window. I don't remember anything else until i woke up on the floor with my husband leaning over me. He said i just collapsed and hit my head really hard against the wall as I fell off the bed was on the floor unconscious then, (and this is the bit that scares me) my left leg shook violently for the approx 10seconds I was out for. When I woke I was orientated and I hadn't wet myself, but I have absolutely no recollection from looking out of the window to when I woke, it felt to me that I'd been asleep for hours. Could this have been a fit? I'd had a glass and a half of wine, certainly wasn't drunk and felt totally fine before and again after, except for a really big bump on my head!

backtowork2015 Sun 25-Sep-16 16:59:45

Just bumping

Could have been a dip in blood pressure. Alcohol lowers it and then getting up quickly can then lower it further. The shaking can be a symptom too.

SnowInLove Sun 25-Sep-16 22:58:58

Sounds like you fainted. The last couple of times I've fainted, my whole body shook (apparently).

I too had the sensation of being 'out' for absolutely ages.

It's a very strange sensation.

hairymuffet Sun 25-Sep-16 23:08:50

Shaking that looks like a fit can sometimes happen during a fainting episode.
Maybe you just got up too quickly and passed out?

hairymuffet Sun 25-Sep-16 23:11:19

It's called a vasovagal or syncope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now