Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Accidentally left tampon in TMI

(3 Posts)
Onlytimewilltell Fri 23-Sep-16 16:16:40

Had my period for a week. Last few days had really foul smelling brown blood. Dr Google advised possible tampon left in, so took current tampon out and had a feel around and could feel one lodged sideways really high up. Took me a while to get it out, thought I was going to have to get a doctor to remove it, but managed to find a bit of string eventually. My bathroom stank of rotting corpses when I pulled it out and I still can't get the smell off my hands bleugh. I am worrying myself sick about toxic shock now, think it could have been in about 4 days.
Anyone done similar got any advice?
Feel embarrassed ringing the docs and don't have any symptoms for certain although I have now got a headache but I think that's just cause I'm a bit stressed about it x

smurfest Fri 23-Sep-16 16:57:01

yep, but couldn't get it out so had to go to A and E blush they gave me antibiotics to take so you could go to your GP for that?

the headache is probably stress!

Onlytimewilltell Sat 24-Sep-16 09:06:42

Well I've survived the night so think I will be okay now xx thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now