Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone tell me about blocked bile ducts and gallstones in the Pancreas? And pancreatitis ?

(6 Posts)
MYorke92 Fri 23-Sep-16 07:43:01

Hi ladies I was wondering if anyone else had suffered from pancreatitis ? Just trying to get our heads around it as this is what the doctors are certain my other half has/ or is going to result in. Scan is going to be done in a few weeks. Thanks I really appreciate any stories or info or advice smile xx

Cherylene Fri 23-Sep-16 08:36:28

Scan is going to be done in a few weeks. I can't pretend to understand the NHS and how quickly it works......... but can you get this earlier?

MYorke92 Fri 23-Sep-16 13:18:11

I know cherylene . We are going to see if they can but they are so busy the waiting list is a long one!xx

Blackpoollassy Fri 23-Sep-16 13:20:17

Pancreatitis is a bitch. I had severe acute last year. Sounds like he's suspected chronic pancreatitis if there's a delay in the scan?
I hope he's ok. It's feckin painful and is life changing in the way recovery from a heart attack is.
I wish him the best X

OnlyTheDepthVaries Fri 23-Sep-16 14:47:41

I had pancreatitis caused by gallstones about 15 years ago. Incredibly painfully - right up there with childbirth. I ended up in hospital as an emergency admission twice - then they let it calm down for a week before another admission to remove gallbladder.
Haven't looked back - no problems at all.
If he becomes unwell again with acute pain get him to A and E.

Cherylene Fri 23-Sep-16 16:39:27

Sometimes, I despair. You get a 2 week wait if it is anything like cancer, but with something like this, they let you hang around sad

It is worth looking into whether you can afford scans, second opinions or even a gallbladder op, but I would think a CT type scan is probably beyond most people's scope.

I think that pancreas issues are treated in a 'centre of excellence' these days, so probably worth going to an A&E in one of these hospitals, rather than the local, should the need arise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now