Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stupid retroverted uterus/ tilted womb. It hurts....

(7 Posts)
memememememe Sat 17-Sep-16 16:28:37

Hi I am hoping someone might be able to help me.

I found out I had this condition years ago during fertility treatment. It's never bothered me until now.

Over the past year sex has become uncomfortable, I have been to doctor about this and other symptoms ( I also thought I was heading into menopause). Done all blood tests and had ultrasound, all clear no problems. She suggested it was my low hanging womb causing pain.

Ok ok so I can manage the sex thing, as gingerly as possible, but please please please can someone help me with my period pains??? It was so bad last week I came back from school run and went to bed crying. I NEVER go to bed crying. Pills (aspirin, ibuprofen) didn't touch it. And a week on I have back ache.

Everything just feels uncomfy and in the wrong place inside sad

I just wondered if anyone had used any exercises or massage or anything to help them with this condition? It sounds like as I get older the condition is worsening, I am not really interested in pills or teas, just some thing my body could do to help itself.

Thank you for reading.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 18-Sep-16 11:16:39

What you describe could actually be attributed to endometriosis. Deep pain during sex and severe period pains can also be due to this.

It is not detected on an ultrasound scan or blood tests and you should really be referred to a gynae for further evaluation. Has the GP ever mentioned referring you to such a person?.

memememememe Sun 18-Sep-16 12:05:49

Thank Attila flowers (great name btw). Yeh I had read about endometriosis and thought the ultrasound would have covered it... Argh. I don't know why I think I am qualified to self diagnose. blush

No they didn't mention it. Have not been back tho following 'normal' return on scan and tests. It can be actually impossible to book any appt with female gp, I had to wait over a month for my first one.

I will go back and ask the question, thank you. I can't put up with this and I am usually pretty hardy..

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 18-Sep-16 13:41:08

I have personally had more internal ultrasound scans than I care to mention (as part of fertility treatment) and my extensive endometriosis was never detected on it. This is because the endometrical deposits are so small. It is usually diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy. Some GPs are simply not up to speed when it comes to such issues and do not always think of endometriosis being a possible cause.

I would keep a daily pain and symptom diary if you do not already do this noting pain on a scale from 1-10. This will give the gynae clues.

It may be worth considering registering with another GP practice as well.

You need answers and you will need to be persistent in order to get these, do not be fobbed off.

EllenRipley Sun 18-Sep-16 14:09:43

I second all the responses! I have a tilted uterus and have never had any problems. This year ive suddenly developed a lot of pain and erratic periods and I've recently been told I have endo due to a 'chocolate cyst' identified on my ovary and am awaiting appt for laparoscopy. The diagnosis is after several ultrasounds and a ct scan, none of which showed up any actual endo. The investigations started after I'd had some bleeding and my CA125 (blood test) was raised. So it's definitely worth getting your GP to refer you for a proper gynae consultation.

memememememe Mon 19-Sep-16 19:43:46

Ok this is all really useful info.

Yes I have had a lot of fertility treatment too, so many scans I would have expected someone to spot something, I didn't realise it could be so hidden. Might explain the miscarriages too.

I will diarise symptoms, that pain scale idea is good, and get on to the doc again.

Thank you both for your replies

Titsywoo Mon 19-Sep-16 19:49:37

I have a tilted uterus and have been diagnosed with endo in the past couple of years. A large cyst and lots of scarring behind my uterus and down into my pelvis causes pain during sex. Definitely can't be diagnosed on ultrasound although cysts can be seen here. You may have internal scarring which would cause pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now