Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Toe lurgy diagnosis needed! Yucky photo warning!

(6 Posts)
Athyrium Wed 14-Sep-16 20:18:48

Well I have had a problem with my foot all summer. It started on my little toe which went red and then skin peeled off, all down side of my foot too. Wasn't sore, just a bit itchy at times. Then the creases of my toes all went flaky and lumpy, again not sore.Then it got to my big toe. I have been wearing sandals with a toe bar so whether that aggravated the area initially. But now it is sore and itchy and horrible. Doc and pharmacist are adamant it is athletes foot, but I am on my second week of a 'works in one week' cream and it isn't looking or feeling much better yet. Any other possible toe complaints it could be? Or am I just being impatient?

ABloodyDifficultWoman Wed 14-Sep-16 23:09:45

Hmmm. I think it's more likely to be some kind of psoriasis. Is there any sign of blistering before the flaking?

Athyrium Thu 15-Sep-16 10:26:20

Thanks for the reply, yes, it does seem a bit blistery at times. Off to google psoriasis!

Athyrium Thu 15-Sep-16 16:59:28

Eeek! I think I might have it on the palm of my hand now; I have a crop of very small spots under the skin, bit of flaking, and a bit of itching. What on earth is going on? I also have a large wart that has recently grown on my other hand - I am nearly 50 and had got this far without ever having warts (or athletes foot/psoriasis or whatever it is) yet now I am becoming thoroughly manky. I will end up being declared as an SSSI at this rate!

bruffin Thu 15-Sep-16 17:02:44

Try googling dishydrotic eczema

hairymuffet Fri 16-Sep-16 00:38:26

Tbh. It looks like really bad athletes foot to me !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now