Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

On/Off pain on my left side - what is this?

(6 Posts)
maybethedayafter Wed 14-Sep-16 10:48:39

I keep getting this dull ache on my left side, it feels like it's inside my hip bone but it feels more internal than muscular or joint pain. Sometimes I feel it more towards the front and sometimes more towards the back. I'm 12 weeks postpartum if that's at all relevant. Any ideas?

BigBroIsWatching Wed 14-Sep-16 11:03:23

Constipation?

maybethedayafter Wed 14-Sep-16 11:08:39

I don't think so. I'm not constipated and it comes and goes randomly, not in relation to bowel movements. Is that where the bowel is though?

PollyPerky Wed 14-Sep-16 11:11:48

Your large bowel is straight up from your bum hole, but we have something like 20+ feet of intestines all curled round our middles. It might be ovulation pain.

maybethedayafter Wed 14-Sep-16 11:15:56

I just had a Google - mainly to see where my organs are as I'm pretty useless! I'm wondering if it could be my left ovary. It doesn't feel like ovulation pain and I don't think I'm ovulating as I'm breastfeeding and haven't had any sign of a period or anything. I don't know if it's related but I've also been feeling dizzy/lightheaded. All of this has been going on for about a week but the pain is worse today and so is the lightheadedness - my hands are shaking despite having eaten and drunk plenty.

sadie9 Wed 14-Sep-16 14:31:55

Is the pain above your hip? Could it be a kidney infection? GP I guess is your best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now