Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post natal vitamin advice

(2 Posts)
FellOutOfBed2wice Sun 11-Sep-16 22:08:39

Hi all

Looking for some advice on useful vitamins/supplements to take following my second HG pregnancy in 2 years with a 20000ml blood loss, post partum high blood pressure and a vitamin B12 difficency.

I have successfully used vitamins and supplements in the last 15 years to help with the symptoms of mild ME/post viral fatigue and really believe in their effectiveness, but when I was on that regime I was taking the advice of a nutritionist, which I can't really afford now. I remember huge quantities of zinc helped that time. One of the reasons I want to get back on top of my health now is because I worry about developing full blown fibromyalgia.

I am looking for advice on what supplements may help and therapeutic doses needed.

I am already on 200mg of iron three times a day and have had two units of blood transfused.

I am 31 and breastfeeding in case that info is useful.

Please, if using supplements isn't your thing don't come on here to tell me that and advise me to eat six steals a day and 4kg of watercress with it. I am following a sensible diet too but need a bit of a boost and am looking for advice to help that.

FellOutOfBed2wice Sun 11-Sep-16 22:09:23

That should read two thousand millilitre blood loss and not twenty thousand. Clearly the second is impossible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now