Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back Troubles - Massage resolved it !

(3 Posts)
Jenchelt1985 Sun 11-Sep-16 08:06:37

I have had back troubles for the past couple of years over the last 6 months I have had monthly deep tissue back massages this has resolved the issue totally! smile.

Should I carry on with them, my therapist says a regular massage once a month will help keep my back in good condition! Not sure if this is sales patter or if a regular back massage would be a good idea to stop my back issues coming back! She commented the other day that I cure so many people so they don't come back for a few months, then they are back again 6 months down the line with a problem as bad as they started with previously!

LordEmsworth Sun 11-Sep-16 08:14:38

If you can afford it, I definitely would go regularly. You could probably go less often - every 6-8 weeks - if you're in a trouble-free period. But it will help catch recurrences/new problems early, and also is just nice...

DontAskIDontKnow Mon 12-Sep-16 10:58:27

Massage is generally beneficial to health and used to be used a lot more than it is now. It's cheaper to hand out modern painkillers than for a nurse to provide a massage.

It's not just for muscle and fascia release. It can be helpful to your lymphatic system too.

If you can't afford it regularly, then there are methods to give yourself deep tissue massage. You might have heard of foam rollers. I use Jill Miller's yoga tune up balls and her roll model book. Its possible to just use a couple of tennis balls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now