Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Permanent headache

(2 Posts)
Terrifiedandregretful Sat 10-Sep-16 21:46:23

I've had a headache now since July and I'm sick of it! It's like my head is being squeezed in a vice. I think it's a combination of neck and jaw tension as well as stress. I've seen a chiropractor a few times but it seems to be getting worse not better. I'm exhausted and stressed which I'm sure is the root cause but as a newly single mum of a two year old there's not a lot I can do about that! I went to the dr and all he did was give me sleeping pills. Which of course only made my sleep worse once I'd finished the course and made no difference to the headaches. Does anyone have any advice/ideas? Thanks!

darthmaul Sat 10-Sep-16 21:48:13

I was having headaches and neck pain that GP said was stress. I found using a heat pack (microwaveable wheat bag in a long rectangle) draped around my neck and shoulders morning and night worked wonders. Ice may help too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now