Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

alternatives for muscle spasms/migraines

(1 Post)
GreenGoth89 Sat 10-Sep-16 19:12:31

I keep getting back spasms and was given diazepam - but I had a fall and ended up concussed on a back board for 4 hrs. I've been told not to take it in future Is there an alternative medication for spasms? I've been told there isn't?

On the other hand I was also told to take them for migraines, which have never been investigated on their own (although I've had a couple of MRIs on my head over the past 10 years (not had one for 2/3 years now though) and asides from a cyst on my pituitary gland which I've apparently had since birth there's nothing going on. But I have still headaches which make me feel very sick and unable to tolerate light and sound. Ibuprofen doesn't touch it, and the pain is still there after sleeping sometimes. I take anti-emetics (been given cyclazine and ondansetron to take together and then another one prochloroperazine) but I've got nothing for the pain now.

What do I do? Do I go back to the doctors and see what they say or do I just deal with the fact that I'm probably going to have to just deal with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now