Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sick of sweating! Help!

(15 Posts)
woowoowoo Sat 10-Sep-16 16:35:43

Does anyone else start sweating as soon as they start doing something involving minimum exertion? Eg emptying the washer or cleaning the bath etc.

I start to get all hot around my neck, head, chest and upper lip as soon as I start doing anything or when the weather is nice. It results in my hair frizzing due to extra moisture, my make up glowing, and just generally feeling uncomfortable as clothing starts to stick.

I'm in my early forties and take antidepressants. I am aware that increased sweating is a side effect of these tabs. My age could figure in my increased perspiration as well.

Does this happen to anyone else and do you have any suggestions to help deal with it? I am sick of sweating as soon as I have stepped out of the shower. I am so frustrated at looking like a hot, frizzy haired beast just an hour after getting ready! My neck seems to be the worst area affected.

I sleep with a fan on, window open and I stick to natural fibres a lot as I know synthetics just make it worse.

Thank you

Shannaratiger Sat 10-Sep-16 17:58:39

Yes all the time, I'm nearly 44. I'm on Lamotrigine for my epilepsy.

buckingfrolicks Sat 10-Sep-16 18:00:44

Peri menapause

OhTheRoses Sat 10-Sep-16 18:03:58

Have you had your thyroid tested?

woowoowoo Sat 10-Sep-16 19:06:26

Yes I've had my thyroid tested and I was within normal ranges, although only just. I have also had it tested privately as they do more thorough tests. Results came back the same.

I was thinking peri menopause....any tips on how to make living with the symptoms any easier?

AtSea1979 Sat 10-Sep-16 19:10:19

I have this but sorry can't help. I just always have baby wipes and deodorant to hand! And careful which make up I choose so it doesn't run down my face.

3littlebadgers Sat 10-Sep-16 19:19:50

Me too. I'm bfing and heavier than I used to be which I know doesn't help, but it is awful. You have my full sympathy.

I've not found anything which makes a difference, so watching the thread in hope.

Roll on winter!

klch14 Sat 10-Sep-16 19:23:15

Me! I stopped taking my antidepressants about a month or so ago (citalopram) but I keep having it every day I'm (26) I'm quite stressed ATM so I've thought maybe it could be that confused I also haven't been eating so great due to stress. (I blame everything on being stressed so I don't start googling then convince myself I have something awful confused

StrongBelwas Sat 10-Sep-16 20:14:14

Odaban works amazingly well on face, neck and scalp. It's made life so much easier. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. It's a little painful when you first use it (stings a bit) but that goes away.

jimijack Sat 10-Sep-16 20:20:51

Me too. In my 40`s.
It's not only annoying but fucking embarrassing.
My clothes get ruined and I feel like I smell all the time.

For work I use mitchum underarm stick stuff AND spray LOADS of the anti perspirant all over me.
Plus perfume.

Air con in the car is Devine...

woowoowoo Sat 10-Sep-16 21:12:03

Stongbelwas

Thank you SO much for recommending Odaban. I had never heard of it but it sounds amazing and just what I need. I have read a lot of reviews on Boots and Amazon and the majority are very positive. Lots of people saying it is a miracle cure and life changing. The fact it can be used on your head and face makes it particularly appealing as these are my worst areas, along with neck, upper back and chest.

I have ordered a bottle for £8.99 with free postage off Amazon. Here is the link for anyone else interested. The product in the link is over £11 but if you look at the same product from other sellers on the right hand side, you will see you can get it a lot cheaper.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001O1M6II/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will feedback on how it works for me.

I have just read elsewhere that sage tablets are good for hot flushes. Does anyone take these with success? If so, which ones can you recommend. I prefer to shop online so any links much appreciated. I think I'll post a new thread on sage tablets, actually, as I'm going off at a bit of a tangent here. Still feel free to tell me of your sage experiences here, though.

woowoowoo Sat 10-Sep-16 21:13:51

jimijack I also use Mitchum deoderant and find that is amazing for underarms.

I am hoping that the Odaban antiperspirant spray that have just ordered will be just as effective for other areas of the body. I'll let you know.

StrongBelwas Sat 10-Sep-16 21:54:41

Hope it works as well for you woo! Someone on AIBU recommended it a couple of years ago. I was so self conscious & it's made a huge difference.

woowoowoo Sun 11-Sep-16 00:53:55

Srongbelwas. I'll report back when it arrives. Thanks xxxxx

Newlywed56 Sun 11-Sep-16 01:09:39

Driclor is very good for unwanted underarm sweat but think it needs prescribed by GP flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now