Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mooncup for DD

(7 Posts)
lovelilies Sat 10-Sep-16 10:36:11

Dd1 (11) has her period and decided she wants to try mooncup
I've bought her one but she says she can get it in but it's uncomfortable
I've got her the smallest size. She has quite heavy periods so we thought it would be good for her, she normally uses tampons + pads.
Any advice for a new starter? I bought one for me as well but haven't had a period since DD 2 was born in June

olderthanyouthink Sat 10-Sep-16 19:39:19

Wow she's brave, but they are good for when I have heavy periods.

If it's uncomfortable then I don't think it's in high enough or it's possible that the stem needs trimming if that's irritating her. For the most part, I can't really feel mine unless it's a bit too low.

Quietlygoingmad67 Sun 11-Sep-16 00:09:29

I'll ask my DD (she has been using them since she was 12) which brand she prefers -
She says some of them have firmer 'rims' and are uncomfortable. She does trim the stems - I'll check with her in the morning

fluffypacman Sun 11-Sep-16 00:18:42

Mooncups are quite firm so she may be better off with something softer. There's a fb group called 'the bloody waste' which should help you to point her in the right direction. Earth wise girls and luxury moon all offer size and capacity charts on their websites. Well done her. I barely knew where my vagina was at that age. Tampons ended up in the right place by sheer luck.

lovelilies Sun 11-Sep-16 17:44:20

I think it may be too firm. I'll have a look for softer options.
Thank you

Quietlygoingmad67 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:08:06

Hi - have ask my daughter and she has said
Small classic Meluna with the normal stem.

Or

Lunette model 1

These have softer rims - hope that helps

sonlypuppyfat Sun 11-Sep-16 18:16:57

Everyone's different I could never take to tampons and I'm a grown woman! I'd have been horrified at her age

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now