Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sprained ligament in knee?

(3 Posts)
honeyJD Wed 07-Sep-16 08:03:26

6 days ago I was stepping up into a van, must have done so at an awkward angle as I felt something twang in my right knee, (on the inner side of my knee), and it really hurt for about a minute then just felt fuzzy and i thought oh well that'll ache a bit tomorrow... The next day it was really sore and tight, and I was limping. Dr Google said likely sprained ligament. Spent as much of the day with it raised/ice pack on it. It is better than it was but still pretty tender, slightly swollen and tight. I've been wearing a tubigrip thing as much as I can.
Is it normal for it to take this long to heal and should I get medical attention or will they just say rest/ice etc?

LuigiB Wed 07-Sep-16 16:52:25

Hi honeyJD, I sprained the same ligament about 5 weeks ago slipping down the stairs. It took me about three weeks to stop limping, and now at 5 weeks it is a lot better but still unhappy, particularly when I haven't moved for a while.

The doctor said to me that the best thing is to keep moving it (although avoid strenuous exercise for a bit) and it should take between six and eight weeks to feel normal.

honeyJD Wed 07-Sep-16 20:49:02

Thank you Luigi that's given me some hope flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now