Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Talk to me about weird periods....

(1 Post)
LaContessaDiPlump Tue 06-Sep-16 07:49:17

I used to have pretty standard periods: slight smear of red to herald the event, rapidly followed by a couple of heavy flow days, tapering off to the end of the week and changing to a brownish colour.

I had 2 kids, and the pattern didn't noticeably change. I had a copper coil fitted, but didn't get on with it (plus DH had snip) and so it was removed. Ever since the removal, my periods have changed. They start with a very faint smear of brown, which goes on for a few days (3 days this time), finally giving way to a flood which takes 2 days to pass.

I've also noticed that I have way more acne than ever before (esp around chin) and have to use a daily exfoliating scrub to combat it. I assumed it might be hormonal on origin but doctor dismissed this as not worthy of her notice.

It's been this way for about a year now. Have I got a bad case of Natural Aging grin or might it be something else going on? I'm 34 btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now