Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you call 111?

(9 Posts)
violentvioletx Mon 05-Sep-16 22:01:35

DC 18 months has been restless, clingy and unusually whingey since Friday evening. Initially put it down to teething, chewing on anything and everything. Today seems to have a bit of a temperature, throwing self around to floor and back up, crying, and voice sounds a bit hoarse. Didn't call GP today as seemed a bit better until about 6pm this evening. Now unsure if would be wasting doctors time calling this late to 111?

blondiebonce Mon 05-Sep-16 22:05:25

If you're concerned yes I would. It's a service for non emergencies to advise on the best course of action which often saves drs time!

I hope he's ok and it's just a bug that will go soon!

Coldhandscoldheart Mon 05-Sep-16 22:06:08

Do you think a doctor needs to see him this evening? Or could you give some calpol & see how he goes.
I must say what you've described doesn't sound like something I'd be rushing to take him out of the house at this time of night. But you can see him, and can take his temperature.

violentvioletx Mon 05-Sep-16 22:14:05

Hasn't really slept since Thursday night, had the odd half hour here and there then wakes up screaming, takes a good half hour 45 mins to settle again. Last night was seemingly still asleep but screaming and jerking around.

violentvioletx Mon 05-Sep-16 22:14:43

Have tried giving calpol this evening but completely refusing, throwing head back screaming spitting it out. Took calpol fine yday.

youarenotkiddingme Mon 05-Sep-16 22:21:01

Eating, drinking?
Temperature?

violentvioletx Mon 05-Sep-16 22:24:04

Drinking, not really eating last measure 38 degrees

ToothpasteTits Mon 05-Sep-16 22:25:01

Always trust your gut instinct. If you think something is wrong then call. Sending love x

youarenotkiddingme Mon 05-Sep-16 22:35:40

Id ring because temp won't be managed if they refuse paracetamol. You can ask advice at least

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now