Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.


(5 Posts)
Mamacoco1910 Sun 04-Sep-16 00:37:53

Back when i was in school i had an investigation laparoscopy i was told on that day i had severe endrometiosis and ovarian cysts, later on i had my post op consultation appointment and he said no it wasn't severe just minor and they removed it and ive felt fine ever since untill i had my son 2years ago i been having the same pain so i went back to my doctors and now their saying theres no record of me having any endrometiosis and dont want to investigate further and now i dont know what do as im in agony when my period comes rounds? Any help on what i should do please

MotherOfROC Sun 04-Sep-16 00:44:00

Keep going back to the surgery and see another GP . I had pain for years and they tried everything from coil, Inplant ,medication . Scan revealed I had dermoid cyst and small fibroids. I suffered with heavy bleeding and pain for years . I am now 6 weeks post subtotal hysterectomy at age 40 . Best thing I did no more pain and heavy bleeding eying in my life each month. The point is don't give up keep insisting

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 04-Sep-16 09:43:38

If this GP practice remain unhelpful then re-register with another practice. Its no point trying to communicate with uncommunicative GP practices.

It sounds like the surgeon who performed your initial lap operation was successful but endo certainly can recur. I would seek further medical advice tomorrow and insist that you are now referred to a gynaecologist for further evaluation. In the meantime keep a daily pain and symptom diary of you do not already do this; this will also give the gynae clues.

You will need to be persistent in order to get answers.

This is a good website:-

ChunkyHare Sun 04-Sep-16 09:45:59

I would pay the £10 or whatever your GP surgery charges and get a copy of all your notes. Lots of stuff isn't put onto the computer system and so historic stuff is just still in your paper notes which your surgery will have. Hopefully it is a typed up letter from the consultant who performed your surgery to your GP (mine is for laparoscopy & dye for endo) so it is easier to read than the handwritten stuff. I have a copy of my medical notes from when I took out insurance.

It is worth a try to find it or make them aware that there is historical evidence of your endo in your paper notes not your digital ones.

I would ring the surgery and explain the situation, tell them you know that there will be evidence in your historical notes that do not appear to have been transferred onto the system and ask what they can do about that.

Do you have an approximate year for them to look at? I used to deal with medical records when I worked at the health authority.

ChunkyHare Sun 04-Sep-16 09:47:30

Completely agree with Attila if your GP is unhelpful, see another, if they are unhelpful change your GP surgery. You do not want to be in pain because of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now