Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tampax advert on telly

(6 Posts)
Ifionlyknewthenwhatiknownow3 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:28:34

I've felt for a long time now that there should be warnings not to use tampons while using water slides. A few years ago I had to have a nurse remove one which was pushed very high inside me upon impact with the pool. Saw a worrying advert on telly today for Tampax featuring a woman still being able to live life to the full in a waterpark because she uses Tampax.

I think your case is unusual, I mean you'd have to be in quite a particular position for that to happen wouldn't you?

BlurtonOnKites4eva Fri 02-Sep-16 21:38:58

I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience but this has made me laugh. You've a wonderful way with words.

Ifionlyknewthenwhatiknownow3 Fri 02-Sep-16 22:20:03

I hope it is unusual. No, as far as I was concerned I went down the slide the same way everyone does. Granted it was a high, steep slide. The slide in the advert is more of a slower flume thing. Anyhow I've done my bit now in attempting to draw attention to the issue. I imagine Tampax and co send people to look at Mumsnet?

Footle Sat 03-Sep-16 09:24:58

I doubt it - why not tweet or email them ?

MyWineTime Sat 03-Sep-16 12:25:34

I gave up on the vertical drop slides years ago as it felt like every time was giving me an instant enema!

I don't think there's much of a risk from a regular water slide, it would be an odd warning to put on a packet or on the board next to the slide!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now