Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD is getting wisdom teeth - I never got mine!! Will she need a new retainer?

(6 Posts)
Katymac Thu 01-Sep-16 22:14:05

& will I have to pay for it sad

She is getting her bottom wisdom teeth - both sides - they aren't properly though yet & I understand they may stay like that

But will they push all her lovely straight teeth out of alignment or will they be OK

Reassure me please?

Katymac Fri 02-Sep-16 09:29:21

bump

Katymac Fri 02-Sep-16 15:38:43

Bump?

prokupatuskrakedatus Fri 02-Sep-16 16:57:55

It's not what you're hoping to hear, but ...

I got all four wisdom teeth. In the lower jaw they filled spaces because I needed to have a molar out on both sides. So no problems.
In the upper jaw, both canines (word?) - the pointy corner ones - got pushed out. I'd make a good vampire.

My DD will have them removed as soon as they start to show. She's just finished her braces treatment and her teeth are lovely.

RockNRollNerd Fri 02-Sep-16 17:41:17

We're talking 30 years ago but I was in a similar situation, I went back to the dentist straight away and he x-rayed and said there was not a chance of them coming through and not pushing everything out (I'd needed 4 adult teeth removing before getting the braces) so they were all whipped out the day after I finished my GCSEs. Things might have changed but I would get them seen as soon as you can as it's such a shame if it undoes all the great work of the braces.

Katymac Fri 02-Sep-16 18:35:16

Ordinary dentist or orthodontist?

I wonder if it can wait until halfterm?

Poop!

Thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now