Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone tried Epsom salts?

(11 Posts)
Soapalert Tue 30-Aug-16 22:06:02

They have excellent reviews and am thinking of getting some for DH who can get a bit achey.

Anyone swear by them?

chough Wed 31-Aug-16 08:20:25

Soapalert, I'm finding Epsom salts baths helpful for easing aching muscles and joints as I'm recovering from an injury.
Good for your skin, too.
I use a two good handfuls in a warm bath.
Have bought them in Boots, also TKMaxx.

crje Wed 31-Aug-16 13:53:47

Yes
It's very good
I've way less aches & pains.
Less restless legs too
I have 1-2 baths per week

Jemimapuddleduk Wed 31-Aug-16 13:58:48

Great to help with sleep too. I get some specific ones at Sainsburys that aid sleep. I always add more than suggested. Make sure you shower off after as very strong and drying.

murphys Wed 31-Aug-16 14:12:07

We use it a lot. Both my dc are sporty so we experience quite a lot of muscle aches/injuries. Usually pour a cup or so into the bath, but you have to soak for a least 20 minutes in it. We never wash it off, in fact I have washed my hair in the bath on the odd occasion, and it makes my hair so soft. Skin is left soft too, I don't find it drying at all. I sometimes just put it in the bath as its quite calming for some reason.

You can also dilute it in water and drink for constipation. The only reason I haven't done it is because the only brand I have found recently, says not to ingest as not A grade. But then again I did buy a big bag of the cheap stuff for bathing in.

Soapalert Wed 31-Aug-16 14:52:49

I put some in DH's bath last night and it seemed to alleviate his flu symptoms too.

The reviews for it are all very positive on Amazon, there has to be something in it!

danTDM Wed 31-Aug-16 18:10:56

It's miracle stuff! I love it.

BestIsWest Wed 31-Aug-16 22:35:07

It's the magnesium I think. You can get a magnesium oil spray which is great too. I get terrible leg cramps and it really helps with those.

booox Fri 02-Sep-16 10:49:25

Yes I wouldn't have believed how great they are. Total life saver at times.

Can get from an online company called something like the Epsom salt company.

Deux Fri 02-Sep-16 10:54:47

Yes. I've bought the huge bags from Amazon and it's down to the magnesium.

You can also get a magnesium oil spray which is great for spraying on tired legs, achy muscles and for helping sleep. Magnesium is a sleep aid.

Barefootcontessa84 Sat 03-Sep-16 09:18:09

They're fab - I dump at least a cup in my bath every time. Soak for at least 10-15 mins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now