Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constantly feeling 'out of sorts'

(10 Posts)
Runny Tue 30-Aug-16 18:46:41

For a while Ive not been feeling quite right. I know if I were to go to see my GP I'd struggle to explain it, but it's sort of like a lethargic/tired feeling/light headed/weak feeling despite getting plenty of sleep. In fact, I'd say I'm sleeping too much and am struggling to get out of bed. I'm struggling to exercise and do things I enjoy because this is making it worse, and I'm having to cut back on my fitness regime.

I'm on AD's and have been for a while, and don't think its linked to that. I also have an auto immune disorder (vitiligo), but when first diagnosed a blood test for thyroid problems came back clear. However this was four years ago and I wonder if maybe I need to look back into that?

What could this be?

Runny Tue 30-Aug-16 21:28:30

Bump!

Realitea Thu 01-Sep-16 09:35:49

Ive had this too and the doctor never got the bottom of it. I was found to have low iron levels so I'm putting it down to that. I was also told I had GAD which can make you feel like this. My symptoms were physical rather than mental.
It's a tricky one to get to the bottom of in my experience but hopefully you can get some blood tests done to try and get some answers.

OhMyWord16 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:25:55

Go back to the GP and request your thyroid function be re-tested.
Also request bloods:Full Blood Count, B12 & folate, Vitamin D & Iron stores (ferritin), also? Diabetes.
If you've already got an autoimmune disorder-vitiligo-much more likely than normal to develop another.
Good luck

Runny Fri 02-Sep-16 09:30:49

Funnily enough, I also have GAD and hadnt thought that it could be that. However my family are riddled with auto immune illness. As well as my vitilgo, there is alopecia, crohns, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid problems, pernicious anemia and that's just the ones I'm aware of.

Gruach Fri 02-Sep-16 09:42:05

Have you really not had a blood test for four years - I may have misunderstood?

It could be any of the things suggested. Certainly to me those sound exactly like the symptoms of anaemia - which can obviously become severe so needs checking out.

Its difficult however to get GPs to stir themselves if they already know you have anxiety issues.

Runny Fri 02-Sep-16 12:56:14

No not had a blood test since I was officially told I had vitilgo and they decided to check my thyroid.

Gruach Fri 02-Sep-16 13:03:57

Blimmin' eck!

I hate going to the doctor - and the last time was a complete waste of time and effort. So I can understand if you feel you've seen enough of them. But it might be a sensible idea to ask for some investigation. It could be a side effect of something you have or take - but it could actually be something else that's solveable.

Do pick up the phone.

Realitea Fri 02-Sep-16 13:53:34

Id go wth iron. I'm feeling how you describe and I just know it's my iron levels. I can just about get dd to school and back at the moment and nothing else.

Titsywoo Fri 02-Sep-16 19:42:02

I have had similar and it is apparently due to low folate levels. Go and get a blood test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now