Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gabapentin

(4 Posts)
darumafan Tue 30-Aug-16 08:25:48

Hello

I'm currently taking 300mg of gabapentin 3 times a day. I also take 2 co-codamol (30mg/500mg) up to 4 times a day.

My ankles and feet are very swollen, they ache all the time. Is this normal? Do I need to go back to my GP?

I am also very tired, I'm falling asleep in the afternoon most days. Is this linked or just coincidence?

Realitea Tue 30-Aug-16 09:17:06

The swelling (edema) is a side effect of gabapebtin. You could discuss it with your GP for peace of mind and to see if there are alternatives out could try or you could wait and see if it goes down with time.
You're probably feeling very tired because off the codeine in the co codemol. It can make you very drowsy.

darumafan Tue 30-Aug-16 11:46:21

Realitea

Thanks for the information, I was getting a little bit concerned. Think I will give it a couple more days and see if anything changes.

Realitea Tue 30-Aug-16 11:47:37

Yes id advise looking on patientinfo as it's very informative and doctors use it for reference sometimes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now