Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ridiculous eyelash question

(6 Posts)
buddy79 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:57:20

Really ridiculous. I have a sort of ingrowing eyelash on my bottom lashes. It's growing in the right direction, same as all the other lashes, but under the skin. It's been there for a few months and I assumed it would just work it's way out but it's got bigger and is bit unsightly now as there's skin around it in a sort of lump! I feel too ridiculous to go to the GP - any suggestions?!! I've tried tweezing but it's too deep. Don't know who else to ask!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 27-Aug-16 20:59:36

Hot flannel and then try tweezing? I know what I would do but don't recommend it, I'd use a sterilised needle!

The proper answer is to see your GP.

Footle Sun 28-Aug-16 20:56:25

For god's sake don't attack it with a needle ! That's appalling advice. Your eyelid sounds as if it's in a real mess - what do you think doctors are there for ?

sami2885 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:58:02

I worked at our local hospital and the eye clinic had a specific weekly session for ingrowing eyelashes. I'd get yourself to the GP x x

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-Aug-16 21:27:11

I did admit it was appalling advicegrin

buddy79 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:58:18

Ha ha I'll steer clear of the needle option! Thanks feel a bit less silly now if it's an actual thing - I'll make a GP appt. Thanks all 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now