Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which Fitbit for a novice?!

(7 Posts)
BigApple11 Sun 21-Aug-16 12:58:25

I'm hoping someone can help, I'd like to get a Fitbit but am totally confused by what's out there! Fitbit alta, Fitbit flex, Fitbit charge....??? What's the difference if any?

BlackCatSleeps Sun 21-Aug-16 13:02:07

It depends what you want it to do! Some of them have clocks, some count stairs, some measure your heart rate, some look like a watch, some are bands. I've got a Charge HR and have been very happy with it. Argos have a nice little chart with them in a comparison box.

Davinaaddict Sun 21-Aug-16 16:08:13

I've got a Fitbit One and I love it. Had for over a year and it's great. I wear it clipped to my bra as I'm really fussy about jewellery, so I don't have to match it to my outfit 😄. It tracks steps, number of floors I've gone up and sleep.

BigApple11 Sun 21-Aug-16 18:11:27

Thankyou ladies xx

Grumpyoldmomma Sun 21-Aug-16 18:18:49

I have a Fitbit flex and absolutely love it. It's one of the more basic ones but transfers all the info on the app that you need. It tracks steps, sleep, calories used, distance etc. You can set your own goals and targets and has an alarm. Don't know how I lived without it wink

Kaykee Mon 22-Aug-16 16:25:15

Great thread
I want one too but can't wear it all the time as am a nurse so needs to be off or elsewhere when on duty
Assume it works ok clipped to bra or any other locations people have tried?....

Davinaaddict Mon 22-Aug-16 23:15:56

Mine does Kaykee, but it's designed to be worn on the body rather than on the wrist. I'm not sure how well the ones designed to be worn on the wrist would work though, as far as accurately tracking steps taken.

Of course if you wear it in the same place all the time, it would at least be consistent with itself so you could definitely track your activity relatively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now