Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stupidly missed 2 clexane injections post ELCS. Should I start again?

(4 Posts)
Candleatmidnight Sat 20-Aug-16 09:10:40

Have just been overwhelmed, in too much pain and too much to do and by time I'm in bed have not wanted pain of getting out again to get injection.

Should I start again this evening? Was told to take in eve. I realise it was stupid to have not taken them. Now reading DVT horror stories online.

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 20-Aug-16 09:13:46

Give your midwife a ring just to double check but yes, I'd say to just take the rest starting from today. And don't google - chances of DVT are very low and you'll most likely be absolutely fine!

Lolimax Sat 20-Aug-16 09:15:47

I take Clexane but not for your post-op reasons. My understanding is that you need to take them every 24 hours to keep the clotting levels correct in your system. In once sense I'd say don't panic as you haven't had a thrombosis you're taking it as a precaution. It would probably make sense to ring your midwife but they might say to inject straightaway then every 24 hours from that point.
I inject in the morning as I have to have my bloods checked within 4 hours of it so from a practical point of a view it's easier.

olympicsrock Sat 20-Aug-16 09:36:11

Just take the rest and try and Stay as mobile as possible. You will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now