Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is going on with my hormones!

(11 Posts)
FlashBangOut Fri 19-Aug-16 23:44:54

Presuming it's something hormonal anyway!

3 week period cycle
Night sweats (bed soaked). Usually for a week leading up to my period
Hot flashes in the day
Acne along chin/jawline
Oily greasy skin in the mornings, just before my period it is so oily I can scrape it off with my finger nail!
Hairy chin. Not just one of two hairs either

What is going on here? Copper coil, no hormonal contraception, 32 years old.

StarTravels Fri 19-Aug-16 23:55:20

Overactive thyroid?

FlashBangOut Sat 20-Aug-16 07:51:07

I've had it tested before and it was fine.

Can't get an appt until Sep 29th!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sat 20-Aug-16 07:56:20

Until I saw your age I was thinking peri menopause.

Go to your GP

pinkieandperkie Sat 20-Aug-16 08:08:33

Yes I was going to suggest peri meno until I saw your age. Maybe it would be best to see your gp. Good luck.

FlashBangOut Sat 20-Aug-16 08:10:47

shock menopause

It's my birthday today. What a gift grin

pinkieandperkie Sat 20-Aug-16 08:13:51

Happy birthday cake

StarTravels Sat 20-Aug-16 08:58:20

Happy Birthday FlashBangOut!

Could it be PCOS? I'd ask the GP to test your sex hormones and I know you've said they tested thyroid but if it was just TSH id ask for a full thyroid panel including FT4 and FT3 just to check.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 20-Aug-16 09:51:12

What StarTravels wrote. If they've only tested TSH its not enough to rule out thyroid problems.

I would seriously consider changing GP practice if you cannot get another appointment until the 29th September.

PollyPerky Sat 20-Aug-16 09:54:07

I agree with the others about PCOS but it could also be premature menopause. This affects 1:100 women under 40. Have aread of the website Daisy Network www.daisynetwork.org.uk where they discuss premature ovarian insufficiency- POI. You need a referral to a gynae whether it's PCOS or POI for treatment- don't be fobbed off because the risks of POI at your age include loss of bone density, heart disease and Parkinsons in middle age.

FlashBangOut Sat 20-Aug-16 11:35:38

I had all three tested. I was just above the range for overactive, GP said it was fine as I was within the range.

PCOS is a possibility but I thought that came with weight gain? If anything I struggle to gain weight, am currently underweight.

Yes 29th September!! Our GPs have catchment areas so not sure if I can change?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now