Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore knee joints

(5 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Mon 15-Aug-16 22:42:00

I've never had this problem before. It's started up since having DS who is now 3 months and the pain has gradually got worse. It's especially sore when I wake up or after a period of sitting down. Sometimes it's that bad I can barely walk properly or kneel down.

Should I go to the doctor? Or will they just tell me to take pain killers/ put ice on it?

Has anyone else had this?

Cellardoor23 Tue 16-Aug-16 11:58:47

Anyone? sad

StrongBelwas Tue 16-Aug-16 19:55:58

I would go to the dr. They'll do some blood tests to check for a few things that could cause it. Make sure you tell them it's been 3 months.

Cellardoor23 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:48:56

Thanks for the reply. I've tried having a look online about it and it seems to be quite common apparently after a baby but it doesn't feel normal to me. It says make sure you rest but it makes it worse.

I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

StrongBelwas Tue 16-Aug-16 20:53:42

My rule of thumb is if it's been hurting for over 6 weeks it's probably time to see my GP. Then I put it off a bit longer.. grin

On top of the 3 month thing tell him it's worse after rest, and how long after rest it takes to ease. It could just be that you need a bit of physio, I wouldn't panic about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now