Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore knee joints

(5 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Mon 15-Aug-16 22:42:00

I've never had this problem before. It's started up since having DS who is now 3 months and the pain has gradually got worse. It's especially sore when I wake up or after a period of sitting down. Sometimes it's that bad I can barely walk properly or kneel down.

Should I go to the doctor? Or will they just tell me to take pain killers/ put ice on it?

Has anyone else had this?

Cellardoor23 Tue 16-Aug-16 11:58:47

Anyone? sad

StrongBelwas Tue 16-Aug-16 19:55:58

I would go to the dr. They'll do some blood tests to check for a few things that could cause it. Make sure you tell them it's been 3 months.

Cellardoor23 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:48:56

Thanks for the reply. I've tried having a look online about it and it seems to be quite common apparently after a baby but it doesn't feel normal to me. It says make sure you rest but it makes it worse.

I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

StrongBelwas Tue 16-Aug-16 20:53:42

My rule of thumb is if it's been hurting for over 6 weeks it's probably time to see my GP. Then I put it off a bit longer.. grin

On top of the 3 month thing tell him it's worse after rest, and how long after rest it takes to ease. It could just be that you need a bit of physio, I wouldn't panic about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now