Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What on earth have i done to my arm? Requesting remote diagnosis!

(9 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Mon 15-Aug-16 09:14:52

Last week I slept awkwardly and hurt my neck. I bought a new pillow and now neck is fine (background info).

This week my left shoulder, elbow and wrist are all a bit hurty! Not agony, but quite uncomfortable, to the point of making it hard to sleep. If unsupported, it feels heavy and dragging. Lifting a full kettle makes my wrist hurt and feel unstable.

Ibuprofen seems to help (tablets and gel). I am right handed, so not using it for DIY. Or heavy work.

I fear I am getting older and falling apart. Maybe even turning into the tin man.

Any ideas on what I should do with it, or what it might be?

Many thanks

PollyPerky Mon 15-Aug-16 11:59:39

No idea- maybe see a physio ?

IsItTimeForGinYet Mon 15-Aug-16 14:02:48

Physio or chiropractor or any decent back person. Something will be trapped causing the problem.

ITCouldBeWorse Mon 15-Aug-16 14:30:41

Hmm I don't think it hurts enough to be trapped nerves, I assume that would be agonising. Or can it just be uncomfortable?
Thanks for ideas - paracetamol seems to help more than ibuprofen

LivingInMidnight Tue 16-Aug-16 20:49:14

Is there a point on your shoulder that if pressed hurts a lot more than it should? Should be about halfway from your neck to shoulder and maybe a couple of inches from the top of the shoulder. If there is try pressing on it hard for a couple of minutes. It will hurt...

lljkk Tue 16-Aug-16 21:02:34

There are lots of tests you can do, look for youtube videos to show you how, to narrow down what pain is.

But tbh, if it just came on overnight, I'd assume it was a 'strain' & wait for it to get better.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Tue 16-Aug-16 21:09:14

Probably leprosy.

Best see a Dr and ask for a physio referral

ITCouldBeWorse Tue 16-Aug-16 21:24:47

Feels better today, so optimistic not leprosy. Probably just hurty arm syndrome :-)

gandalf456 Wed 17-Aug-16 11:24:58

I have trapped nerves. It is not always agony and can be as described. If I doesn't improve see a gp though it sounds as of it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now