Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I possibly have pg symptoms only 6 days after dtd?

(16 Posts)
lborgia Sun 14-Aug-16 09:09:28

Sorry, can't remember if things like dtd are too naff, but meanwhile. ..

Last Saturday. Excellent evening. I started feeling a bit off yesterday, have had weird spotting, nipples really sore, feel fat. .exhausted.

Should be Ov time, so day 14 or so. ..

I've had these symptoms like this with all my pgs, but this is daft. I'm suppose to be menopausal. ..and none of the numbers / timings make sense.

Any thoughts? Is evening here and can't drag myself to pharmacy unless I'm really sure it's worth it.

Heratnumber7 Sun 14-Aug-16 09:11:41

Er,. Because you might be pregnant?

lborgia Sun 14-Aug-16 09:16:12

Well yes, but even at my most fertile I, like most women, take a week to implant and the hormones only then start up and you start getting symptoms.

The doctor was always baffled that I got a positive test 8-10 days after conception, so I'm assuming 6 days is more or less impossible.

Not to mention the fact that me being pg would be a very very. ..awful.

namechanged2016 Sun 14-Aug-16 10:12:43

I had of symptoms after 6 days with my second pregnancy- I got a positive test the following week. It is possible!

namechanged2016 Sun 14-Aug-16 10:13:17

Meant to say "positive symptoms", not "of symptoms"....

Missgraeme Sun 14-Aug-16 10:14:57

Later time I had symptoms at 6dpo

lborgia Sun 14-Aug-16 10:19:01

Shit. But thanks. So maybe still no point in my actually testing then.

WutheringFrights Sun 14-Aug-16 10:21:31

I knew I was pregnant with DS 6 days after conception.
DH made a lovely beef stew full of carrots, snips and potatoes - I took one look at it, felt nauseous and said I'm pregnant. Didn't get a bfp for another 10 days!
The only pregnancy symptom I had with DD two years earlier was an utter hatred of soggy vegetables.

Or you might be menopausal......

LewisAndClark Sun 14-Aug-16 10:24:50

I had symptoms from week one with dc3. I didn't get a positive until week three iirc. But I knew straight away, sore boobs, couldn't drink coffee, just felt pregnant.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

There is every chance it could just be the menopause fucking with you though.

nicolasixx Sun 14-Aug-16 10:26:14

Could be twins!

Archedbrowse Sun 14-Aug-16 10:28:50

Yes second time round took dd1 swimming w/ DH, felt morning sicky tingly boobs etc and had to eat DDs breadsticks in car on way home to keep nausea at bay. Said to DH I'm pregnant, he said ridiculous as only ~6days ago, weeks later got pos test.

lborgia Sun 14-Aug-16 10:32:41

Bloody hell. DH has been keen on the snip for years. .I've not been. Whether this is pg or menopause "fucking with me" (hollow laugh), I'd rather not have this again. I might be getting him back to that doctor.

MatildaOfTuscany Sun 14-Aug-16 10:36:22

I'm perimenopausal and one thing I've noticed (and from what I've read it's backed up by stats in the wider population) is that I ovulate earlier in my cycle - often day 7 or 8 rather than day 14. So I guess test when you are far enough on but keep yourself sane in the meantime by remembering that it's really really unlikely that you're pregnant.

lborgia Sun 14-Aug-16 10:46:36

That's really helpful Matilda , thanks very much. Although that makes it far more likely because it was around then and I get pg so easily. ..although have trouble keeping them.

Horrible that I can't be excited. But thanks again.

PollyPerky Sun 14-Aug-16 20:27:21

Sperm can live for up to a week as well. So you could have ovulated early- maybe day 7- and conceived then. I conceived very early in my cycle when my usual cycles were 30-32 days. Clearly DH had super sperm or I ovulated early.

Buttercupsandaisies Wed 17-Aug-16 22:23:47

I think a lot of this is coincidence and imagination. Hgc (the hormone that causes symptoms) isn't produced until implantation. It then has to rise high enough to cause symptoms. If symptoms were indeed pregnancy related, then the hgc would be high enough to show on a test.

Do a test as the mind can play crazy tricks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now