Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off iron supplements

(6 Posts)
DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Sat 13-Aug-16 12:00:54

I've just come off ferrous sulphate as I was anaemic in pregnancy. Baby over 3 months now but ebf. I stopped taking them a few days ago. My gp said to leave it two weeks then have a blood test to see if I still need them. Thing is, I feel dreadful already! I'm physically and mentally exhausted and feel quite wobbly actually.

My sleep has been about the same so can't blame that. I suppose it must be the iron. Has anyone else got any experience of this please?

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Sun 28-Aug-16 07:10:56

Anyone?

I've also noticed my hair has started falling out with avengeance. I know this happens anyway after having a baby but it's not happened til now. Plus it didn't really thicken up during pregnancy so I'm looking rather thin now sad

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Tue 30-Aug-16 00:20:26

When did you stop the tablets?

It seems a bit soon for you to notice any changes. Are you sure it's not a virus or something?

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Tue 30-Aug-16 06:42:18

I noticed the change within about three days so thought it was too much of a coincidence not to be that. My haemoglobin levels have come back normal though. Now I'm being tested for other things, thyroid, blood sugars etc, and ferritin. Just waiting for an appointment.

I am susceptible to viruses but usually my glands swell up etc and I've had none of that lately.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Tue 30-Aug-16 08:23:33

Hm. How strange. Good news that your haemoglobin is back to normal. Good luck with the other tests flowers

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Tue 30-Aug-16 10:24:25

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now