Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Scared to death

(11 Posts)
Cathaka15 Fri 12-Aug-16 03:30:29

If anyone is up. I need some advice. So i was sleeping then suddenly jumped up and felt like i couldn't breath dizzy and tingly all over with heart palpitations. Feel like I need to vomit and have stomach cramps. Something isn't right. Not sure what is happening and I'm so scared. Any ideas?

ButtMuncher Fri 12-Aug-16 03:35:07

Potentially a night terror/bad dream - have you been sick? flowers

hownottofuckup Fri 12-Aug-16 03:36:07

Call 111?

Cathaka15 Fri 12-Aug-16 03:45:14

No not sick at all. 111 is the next step. But I thought I would ask you guys first just to see if you had any ideas so I wouldn't have to call them.

BaggyPantz Fri 12-Aug-16 04:02:35

Apart from the cramps, it sounds similar to a night terror, however the after effects of these should disappear fairly quickly once you've woken yourself up and put the light on.

Either than or sleep apnea?

Are the symptoms still there?

givingitago85 Fri 12-Aug-16 04:04:25

Could be anxiety. When I have a panic attack I feel like I could be sick

Cathaka15 Fri 12-Aug-16 04:09:59

I did think panic attack too. I had a very stressful day yesterday. But I had no idea panick attacks could feel so real. If you know what I mean. I really thought im dying and I'm about to take my last breath. The breathing was so bad. I was crying. I have calmed down a little. But the palpitations are still lingering. So is the dodgy tummy.

givingitago85 Fri 12-Aug-16 04:28:39

I've suffered from last in attacks for years and I completely get you, they feel so so real, like the whole world is coming in on you (well they do to me, everyone is different). The physical symptoms are also very real, your body gets a huge pump of adrenaline and in fight or flight mode and when you're not actually exerting that adrenaline (because you're not fighting a mob of zombies which your body thinks you are) then the physical symptoms kick in. Hope that ramble makes sense smile

freshstart22 Fri 12-Aug-16 04:30:19

Id say that sounds like a panic attack. My dad actually wakes up having one. Very scary and unsettling. Have a cup of tea, read a book to calm down and then try and go back to sleep.

Cathaka15 Fri 12-Aug-16 05:48:41

Thank you all for your response. Will try to get some sleep now.

hownottofuckup Fri 12-Aug-16 08:59:37

I had a panic attack a couple of months ago, but it went off quickly. Very odd though. Not had another one since (touch wood) hope you're feeling better this morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now