Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerelle anxiety

(4 Posts)
prettycolours Thu 11-Aug-16 11:48:45

So I went to the doctor recently due to my heavy and painful periods, which often caused me to throw up and miss work. She gave me cerelle to try, which I started taking two weeks ago. The first two weeks I had no symptoms really apart from sore breasts, but 2 days ago I started getting brown discharge/spotting. Today I woke up with horrible cramps and have started properly bleeding. I don't know if I'd call it heavy but it's enough to need a tampon.

I have tremendous anxiety around my period due to how heavy and painful it usually is, and this is freaking me out a bit. I knew bleeding can be a side effect of this pill but cramps as well? I also have no idea how long this bleeding might last, whether it will get heavier, whether the cramps will go away. I just don't know what to do now. I've heard that this pill takes a few months to settle - should I just wait this out? Today was my day off work and I wanted to go out and get stuff done but now I feel miserable. sad

redannie118 Thu 11-Aug-16 16:50:51

Hi cereals changed my life. I was exactly the same as you,my life stopped once a month my periods were so bad. I haven't had a period for over a year now and it's bloody fantastic !! .it does take about 3 months to settle and you will bLeeds off and on all the time,that's totally normal. Stick with it,its totally worth it !!

redannie118 Thu 11-Aug-16 16:51:45

That should be cerelle bloody auto correct !!!

prettycolours Thu 11-Aug-16 17:20:07

I really hope it gets better. Having no periods is my dream. Right now the cramps have got worse and I am in agony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now