Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nipple discharge

(5 Posts)
hussherbye Thu 11-Aug-16 09:06:35

I've had various different types of discharge from my nipples over the last few years. At first I thought it was milk and went to gp, had mammogram etc all fine.

In the last 2yrs I've had an incredibly painful cyst type thing under one nipple- I couldn't bear anything to touch it- had antibiotics or something. Then a few months later similar but not as bad in other side, it went on its own after a few days.

On the side where I had the second cysty thing I can feel a thickening of the tube (?) that runs from the nipple inside the breast. I am currently getting two different sorts of discharge- both only tiny amounts and only if I squeeze. One thick and white, one clearish yellow.

Do I need to see gp or is it just likely to be normal for me/ hormonal? Thanks

3littlefrogs Thu 11-Aug-16 09:11:35

Any nipple discharge needs to be checked by a doctor.

DoloresVanCartier Thu 11-Aug-16 09:22:11

Get it checked but it sounds like duct ectasia. Get it checked tho op

hussherbye Thu 11-Aug-16 11:03:56

Thank you, I will

mishmash1979 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:09:43

I was told nipple discharge is only a problem of its spontaneous. Discharge that comes out only when u squeeze is not as much of a problem unless it's blood. My boobs have been scanned , prodded and squeezed loads over the past couple of years and this is what I was told

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now