Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nipple discharge

(5 Posts)
hussherbye Thu 11-Aug-16 09:06:35

I've had various different types of discharge from my nipples over the last few years. At first I thought it was milk and went to gp, had mammogram etc all fine.

In the last 2yrs I've had an incredibly painful cyst type thing under one nipple- I couldn't bear anything to touch it- had antibiotics or something. Then a few months later similar but not as bad in other side, it went on its own after a few days.

On the side where I had the second cysty thing I can feel a thickening of the tube (?) that runs from the nipple inside the breast. I am currently getting two different sorts of discharge- both only tiny amounts and only if I squeeze. One thick and white, one clearish yellow.

Do I need to see gp or is it just likely to be normal for me/ hormonal? Thanks

3littlefrogs Thu 11-Aug-16 09:11:35

Any nipple discharge needs to be checked by a doctor.

DoloresVanCartier Thu 11-Aug-16 09:22:11

Get it checked but it sounds like duct ectasia. Get it checked tho op

hussherbye Thu 11-Aug-16 11:03:56

Thank you, I will

mishmash1979 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:09:43

I was told nipple discharge is only a problem of its spontaneous. Discharge that comes out only when u squeeze is not as much of a problem unless it's blood. My boobs have been scanned , prodded and squeezed loads over the past couple of years and this is what I was told

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now