Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone advise on what is up with my hips?

(2 Posts)
Sillybillypoopoomummy Wed 10-Aug-16 21:41:02

I'm 40 and I really don't feel decrepit yet, but I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am.
If I do any type of exercise that involves impact, I limp for 4 days afterwards as my hips hurt so much. Running is totally out. Gentle jogging on a sprung floor is OK. Normal walking is OK, but fast walking going up and down steep hills is out (discovered this yesterday as I can't walk today).

The hurty bit is right in the joint in the side of my butt if that makes sense and it really hurts. The funny thing is I think my legs are getting bandier too blush. My knees were never together when I stand up straight but if I clenched my pelvis I could get them to touch and now there is good inch between them even with full clench, but the doctor is going to think I am stark raving mad if I complain about that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

millypop69 Thu 11-Aug-16 02:07:51

May be the IT band that runs from your bottom to your knee. Does it hurt if you press down the side of your thigh? If so get referred to a Physio! Impact sports cause it to flare up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now